REQUESTING THE OSE FREE SSL CERTIFICATES
INSTALL THE FREE SSL CERTIFICATES
At this point, you should have received the certificate package after setting up the plugin and requesting SSL. Download the attachment in the email to your PC and extract the package. There are three files in the zip file:
- your_site_domain.crt (if you cannot open it, please rename it to your_site_domain.crt.txt)
- your_site_domain.key (if you cannot open it, please rename it to your_site_domain.key.txt)
- chain.crt (if you cannot open it, please rename it to chain.crt.txt)
Follow the instructions below to install the certificates into your hosting account.
Login your GoDaddy account and go to cPanel.
In the Security section, click SSL/TLS.
On the next page, choose Manage SSL Sites.
Next install the new certificate:
- Choose the domain
- Copy/paste the codes in the certificate files to the corresponding fields.
- Copy content of your_site_domain.crt into the Certificate: (CRT) field
- Copy content of your_site_domain.key into the Private Key (KEY) field
- Copy content of chain.crt into the Certificate Authority Bundle: (CABUNDLE) field
- Click the Install Certificate button
Should the Certificate installation is successful, you will get the SSL Host Successfully Installed message box. Then you can use plugins like Really Simple SSL to force your website to load in https protocol.
SECURE YOUR WEBSITE NOW
Take full advantage of the Free SSL revolution and add an extra layer of security for your website now.