Why do you need to scan your WordPress vulnerability?
WordPress website owners often tend to install WordPress, choose a theme, configure the needed plugins, then completely forget about hardening WordPress, which include keeping your WP core, themes, and plugins updated, among other things. Here comes a question: is your WordPress installation really secure against external attacks? How can you find vulnerabilities and security weaknesses in your current WordPress site?
How can we scan WordPress Vulnerability?
There is a free and open source tool available to do this: WPScan (https://wpscan.org/). WPScan is one of the best WordPress security scanners and works like a charm from the terminal, where you can run remote vulnerability tests against your WP installations. But wait, terminal? The installation is hard to most WordPress owners who doesn’t have server administration background. That makes it difficult for WordPress owners to check if their websites are secure enough.
Because of this, we created OSE WP Scan plugin, which is really simple, easy to install and use. With OSE WP Scan, simply enter your email address and click the button to submit a scan request, the whole WordPress security scan report will be delivered to your email address within 15 minutes.
Using OSE WP Scan, the simpler way to scan WordPress Security Vulnerability
Using OSE WP Scan allows you to analyze the security of your current WordPress website with WPScan to:
- Detect known vulnerabilities in the WP core, themes and plugins with over 11,000 updated WordPress vulnerability data
- Check overall WordPress security configuration
- WordPress Version enumeration
- Full server headers scanning
- Miscellaneous WordPress checks, such as username. directory used, theme names, custom dirs, etc.
- This WordPress security tool works by using the wpvulndb.com database to keep the vulnerability database up to date.
How to scan your WordPress Security?
- PHP version 5.3+
- cURL and OpenSSL extensions in PHP
- WordPress Version 4.3+
Install through Plugins Menu
- Search “OSE WP Scan” in the plugin menu then install and activate it. After that, there will be a new menu OSE WP Scan on the side bar.
Install by Uploading the files through FTP
- Upload the entire ose-wp-scan folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress backend. After that, there will be a new menu OSE WP Scan on the side bar.
REQUESTING A FREE WORDPRESS SECURITY SCAN
It’s very easy to initiate a WordPress security scan. Go to OSE WP Scan page, enter the email address which you would like to receive the report and save it. Then click the button to Request a Scan.
- Enter the email address
- Save the setting
- Click the ‘Request a Scan’ button to request a WordPress security scan report.
RECEIVING YOUR WORDPRESS SECURITY REPORT
Should the WordPress security scan runs successfully, your WordPress security scan report will be delivered to your email address shortly.
REVIEWING THE WORDPRESS SECURITY SCAN REPORT
At this point, you should have received your WordPress security scan report in your email. Download the attachment in the email to your PC and extract the package. There is one file in the zip file:
Go through each section and find out which section has the warning, and make changes of the website to improve your WordPress Security.
Check each section of the WordPress security scan report, and make changes in your website to improve your WordPress security.
GET YOUR WORDPRESS SECURITY SCAN REPORT FOR FREE NOW
Take full advantage of the Free WordPress security scanning revolution to review the security for your website now.