The forum is mainly for users'discussion and maintained by users. If you have any urgent issues, please report to our Support Team.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SobiPro and OSE Membership

SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 6 months ago #150

Hi,

I am trying to see if there is a way to pass a variable into OSE Membership from SobiPro. Basically I have a free listing site and want people to claim their business or church listing. It would make things easier to attach the sobi entry id to the user during registration.

Of if anyone has any suggestions of how to incorporate this membership program into SobiPro, suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks

Re: SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 6 months ago #153

Not really sure, but I would like to be able to do the same thing... some way for people to "claim" their listings.. I haven't even got to that part of my site yet because I have more pressing issues, but I'm gonna be in the same position as you soon! anybody have any suggestions? Its probably more of a question for the sobi people tho, and IMHO they are not very helpful over there. I am a silver member and it took them 3 days just to reply to my problem of getting access to download the file because of their hokey membership setup. They should being cheapskates and buy OSE Membership hahaha!

Re: SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 5 months ago #167

Count me in also. The combination of OSE Membership and Sobi Pro would be the most powerful J2.5 combination.

Re: SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 5 months ago #197

• Shawn Y
  • Administrator
Hi there,

We now have SobiPro addon but it only works to control listing viewing for specific membership. For example, only members of a membership can view a category of listings.
Anyway, we recently think about improving the addon to add more functions.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Matthew, could you please provide more details about what you need. We can think about that and may give you some guidance if you want to do customization.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viarkmimezemo

Re: SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 5 months ago #209

• Zafer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone,

I am also using SobiPro with OSE Membership or vice versa

Basicly the thing I am doing is setting a "member" usergroup in ACL of Joomla and making relevant setting in ACL of SobiPro and OSE Membership.

In ACL of SobiPro, I show "Add Entry" link only to member usergroup. However, there is no default setting to limit entry submissions. I solved this by not giving right "publish own" in ACL of SobiPro. So every entry should be confirmed by admin.

Another thing, expiration! This requires manual works. I will use unpublish option in the SobiPro entry. If they renew their membership, I will republish again.

However, if you have a free listing, you can more easily manage this, I think.

Best regards,

Zafer
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Zafer.

Re: SobiPro and OSE Membership 2 years, 5 months ago #213

• Helix
  • Administrator
Guys, here is a SOBI Pro plugin we just developed, our developers tested it, but I do not have time to test it, just put it here so you can test it and give back comments / bug reports. I will ask our developers to fix any bugs later.

File:
cdn.opensource-excellence.eu/software/plgsobipro.zip

Hope it works well.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Helix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zafer
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE PROCESSED IN PAYPAL AND THE FOLLOWING CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED.

paypal-curved-32px visa-curved-32px visa-electron-curved-32px mastercard-curved-32px delta-curved-32px maestro-curved-32px discover-curved-32px solo-curved-32px switch-curved-32px google-checkout-curved-32px Secure Shopping

Satisfaction Guaranteed Best Web Tool